5 years ago today I became a dad.
It has been the most incredible journey.
I can’t even imagine what my life would be like without my
Bailee Ray.
The moment she came into this world, she was ready to
go. She was so big and beautiful! Watching her lay on the table while the
nurses cleaned her up was one of the most spiritual experiences of my
life. I wanted to cry, scream for joy,
sing and hold her all at the same time.
I had no idea how this little baby was going to change my life.
I love being a dad.
It is a title I don’t take lightly.
Bailee has always been a “Daddy’s Girl”. She is always so quick to give me a big hug
and kiss. She just wants to be where I
am, and doing what I am doing.
One of my favorite things I enjoy doing with Bailee, is
cuddling on my bed. She goes and gets 2
of her favorite blankets, and makes sure I am comfortable before she snuggles
up next to me. She places her head on my
chest, and without fail will tell me she can hear my heart beating. I tell her, if she listens really close, she
will hear that it beats for her. She
smiles at me and lays her head back down.
I wish I could bottle those “cuddling” moments with my
Bailee Ray.
Is there anything better than hearing your child tell you
they love you? The last thing Bailee
will tell me before tucking her in at night is, “I love you daddy”. Before I can leave the house each morning,
Bailee makes sure I get a big hug and kiss.
I don’t know what I did to deserve Bailee.
She makes life such a rich and beautiful experience.
I get a lump in my throat as I see her growing up. It has gone way too fast. Time can be a cruel thing. It is always moving forward, and you can
never get it back.
Bailee,
As your dad, I honor you on this your special day.
I have loved seeing you grow into the sweet girl that you
are.
You are so loving and kind.
You are a critical part to our family.
Your smiles and loves are the highlights of my days.
Seeing you dance and sing takes my breath
away.
You are simply a treasure.
I love being your daddy.
I love knowing I get to be yours forever.
I thank our Heavenly Father for entrusting me
with your earthly life.
I don’t know
what I did to deserve you.
I love you more than I will ever be able to express.
Happy Birthday Bailee Ray
Love,
Daddy


No comments:
Post a Comment