Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012


Another Christmas has come and gone.

Much too quickly I might add.

I love Christmas.

I don't love it because of the gifts.

I love it because it brings people together.

I loved watching people experience joy.

I loved watching my kids play together.

I loved cooking good food, and sharing it with others.

I loved the sights, sounds and smells of Christmas.

I loved knowing my children were happy.

I loved that they believe in Santa Clause.

I loved watching my wife wrap presents with a smile on her face.

I loved putting the kids to bed, and enjoying Christmas night with my wife.

Christmas is so special.  

It brings out the best in everyone.

but.....

My heart ached for the 20 families that lost their children in that horrific school shooting.  All day my thoughts turned to them.  I prayed for them.  I hoped that they could experience a little joy and happiness.  I didn't know any of those kids, but my heart went out to them.  How many Christmas presents had already been bought and wrapped?  How many airline tickets had been purchased for family trips?  

My heart also turned to a wonderful man in our church who is fighting cancer.  He found out 2 weeks ago the cancer is back, and has spread throughout his body.  He is in pain, and there isn't much the doctors can do.  He has a wife and 4 children.  A daughter who is 16, two twin boys that are about to turn 4 and a newborn baby girl.  So much to live for.  We have been praying for a miracle.

Christmas is special because it causes us to reflect on what is REALLY important.

I kissed and hugged my kids a little tighter.

(I want to be a better dad)

I cuddled with my wife a little longer.

(I want to be a better husband)

I thought of the Saviors birth.  I thought of his love and mercy. 


(I want to strengthen my testimony)

We don't know how long we have on this earth.  We have to make each day count.

Merry "late" Christmas everyone!  

May we all make 2013 one filled with love and kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment