Dear Mylee,
You have always been so sweet to me.
You get so excited when I come home from work, or when I walk into a room. I love and cherish your hugs and kisses. I love when I hold you and you lay your head on my shoulder. I love that wherever I am in the house, you are right there beside me. I love when you share your food with me at the dinner table. It makes you so happy, and it makes me laugh. I love watching you eat breadsticks from Little Ceasers, and watching you eat the whole bag!
You are growing up to fast and it scares me.
You are not so little anymore
When your Mom was pregnant with you, it was a special time. Your Mom was so happy to be pregnant again. Even though you made her sick the first few months, she enjoyed every minute.
I had a lot of time to think about you. I knew you were going to be a special young lady. I would pray for you every day, and hope that you were excited to come to our little family.
Your big sister was excited to have you. We planned ahead, and bought her a toy doll that she could take home from the hospital when we brought you home. For the longest time, your sister would call you, “Kennedy”. We had to keep reminding her that wasn’t going to be your name. She didn’t care. You were going to be “Kennedy” to her regardless.
Mylee, you are special. Every moment of your life has been amazing. I watch you and wonder how I am so lucky to be your dad. You love to dance and sing, and I love watching you. You love to do everything your big sister does, and it makes me smile. You love playing with your dolls and pretending to be their mommy.
You simply are a joy, and I am in love!
I love you Mylee Jayne, and I always will!
Love,
Dad

No comments:
Post a Comment