Friday, May 27, 2011

Love Letter 1.2


Dear Vanna,

I feel very lucky to be with you.

I do.

I think about all the reasons why you and I should have never met, and it overwhelms me.  I can definitely say there are no such things as coincidences.

Seriously.

To think that me moving to Crestwood was a last minute fluke thing.  My friend and I had been looking at several other places.  Crestwood was # 3 on our list, and it was looking like our # 1 was going to work out.  It was such a weird thing how we ended up at Crestwood.  Even thinking about it today I can't explain it.

Can you?

I met you for the first time after I had been moved in for 2 weeks.  I went to the office to complain about the filthy couch that was in our apartment.  While I was complaining, you walked in the door.

You were CUTE!

Why didn't I ask you out in that moment?  Would you have said yes?  I let that opportunity pass by without even thinking twice about it.

But this is what gets me....

Standing in that office in 2003 was the woman I was going to marry.  Not just marry, but spend eternity with. You were going to be the mother of our children, and I let you walk out that door without saying a word.  What in the world was I thinking!?

AAAARGHHHHH

Things have a way of working themselves out.  You and I had a lot of growing to do before we were ready for each other.

I know I did.

Vanna, you have made me the luckiest man in the world.  I give thanks every single day that you are mine, and that I am yours.  We were meant to be together, it's that simple.

Thank you for being at Crestwood, and thank you for making me the happiest man alive!

Until next week, I love you!



Love,

JMA

No comments:

Post a Comment