Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bailee Ray 1.3


Dear Bailee,

October 19, 2006 started out like a normal day.  I woke up and noticed that your Mom was already getting ready.  She was always up before me.  I slowly got out of bed, and headed into the kitchen.  I was met halfway there by your Mom.  She had a worried look on her face.   She went on to tell me that she was very uncomfortable, and could tell something was happening to her body.  I asked her if she was OK, and she assured me she was. 

I could tell by her face that she wasn't!

Your Mom is not one to complain.  That fact that she said she was uncomfortable led me to believe this was serious.  I asked her if she thought she was going into labor, and she said she didn’t know.  I told her I thought it would be a good idea for her to stay home for work.

She looked at me like I was crazy!

After getting ready, we both left for work.  I helped her up the steps, and to her car.  I could tell by the way she was walking that she was uncomfortable.  I once again asked if she was OK.  She smiled at me and promised me that she was.  I watched her drive off in her car and with a prayer in my heart asked that she be watched over.

I nervously went to work.  I had your Mom on my mind all day.  I was starting to worry, so I called her.  I could tell instantly by her voice that she was in pain.  She explained to me that the pain was getting worse.  I told her to go home, and I would meet her there.  She said no.

I hung up the phone and realized that you were on your way. 

Your Mom ended up working the entire day.  It was only later that we learned she was in full blown labor.  She is an incredible lady, and you are VERY lucky to have her as your mom!  When she got off work, she said she wanted to go to her parent’s house until I got off work.  Thursday’s were my late day, so she didn’t want to be waiting at home all alone.  I thought it was a great idea.

About an hour and half later I received a call from your Grandpa Hill.  He told me that your Grandma would be by to pick me up right away.  He explained that your Mom was in serious pain, and wanted to go to the hospital.

Grandma Karen picked me up, and off we went to pick up your Mom.  I was a nervous wreck.  I was having a ton of thoughts race through my head.  I was so anxious to meet you, but was scared stiff.  I started to worry about your Mom and if her back would be strong enough to deliver you.  I worried about her health, and didn't want to lose her.

Grandma Karen was a champ, and kept me calm on the drive home.  She offered to drive us to the hospital once we got to the house.  She probably knew I would drive us into the wall by the way I was acting.  Your Grandma was a lifesaver!

We pulled up to the house, and your Mom met us outside.  She was ready to go.  We switched cars, and left for the hospital right away.

That 5 minute car ride seemed like forever.  I hated seeing your Mom in pain.

You were about to make your appearance Bailee Ray!

I love you more than I can express!

Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment