Wednesday, September 21, 2011
The Hangover 1.3
5:20am
"How long do you think we are going to be in here?" Colin asked with blood-shot eyes. The strange thing was, he was still smiling.
"Mom is going to kill us, you realize this don't you?" Brenden was laying on the cold floor in the Provo City holding cell. He looked liked he had been fighting lions and bears.
"She can't kill us if we are behind bars," I joked. Only Colin laughed.
The three of us sat in silence. There was a lady sitting behind a desk doing some paperwork. She kept looking at us like we were hardened criminals. I kept trying to smile at her, but it wasn't working.
I finally got the courage to say, "Excuse me, don't we get a phone call?"
She looked up at me and rolled her eyes. She laughed a little and went back to work.
"Um, I know my rights, we get a phone call," I demanded standing up, walking over to the bars.
She looked up at me and smiled. It wasn't a friendly smile. She was telling me with her eyes not to speak again.
"You think you are all tough..."
"What are you doing?" Colin interrupted me pulling me back to the bench he had been sitting on.
"This is CRAZY," I yelled. I was beginning to lose my cool. The night had officially become too weird for my comfort. No one would believe what we had been through unless they had been with us.
"Just calm down, Meredeth can make us some pancakes in the morning," Colin said smiling. I glared at him. I was wondering if the soda he drank did damage to his brain.
"It is morning," I replied leaning my head against the wall. We had to get out of here and find Mitch.
The door next to the woman opened, and in walked two police officers. I looked up at them and knew in an instant they weren't messing around.
"Which one of you crazies is acting up down here?" The officer with the flat-top asked chewing on some gum like a horse.
I looked around for a second like he was joking. Which one of us was acting up? I got up and walked over to the bars and replied as sarcastically as possible, "I think it was me."
Brenden got up from the floor and walked over to me. He was looking scarier than ever. The blood on his face was now black and crusty. The tattoo looked more like war paint. He stood beside me like a war horse.
"Back away from the bars right now," the other officer with jet black hair commanded. I could tell he was the tough guy in the partnership.
Brenden and I stood our ground.
"I'm not going to ask you again, back away from the bars or....." he let the threat hang in the air like he was thinking of something tough to say.
Brenden stepped in front of me. We had watched the film, Band of Brothers a few years ago, and it really left a mark on him. I knew he was protecting me.
"This is your last warning," the officer with the black hair said reaching his hand down by his side.
Brenden didn't move. I felt myself backing up a little. I loved Brenden, but I wasn't about to get shot over this.
SNAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPCRACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
Just like a flash of lightning, the officer pulled out his taser and tased Brenden. Poor Brenden dropped like a ton of bricks, hitting the floor with such violence, I was sure he broke something.
"Are you serious!" I yelled, looking at the lady, then the two hero officers. The situation had now gotten so out of control, I was convinced I was dreaming.
"Back away son, I don't want to tase you too," The flat-top, gum chewing officer threatened.
"Maybe Meredeth can make waffles...what do you guys think?" Colin was talking to the wall. I was wondering how I was going to explain his condition when we got out of this.
"There has been a serious misunderstanding," I started, leaving Brenden to seize. "Our brother Mitch has disappeared and we only want to find out where he....."
SNAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPCRACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
I hit the floor. I could smell burnt hair and poop. I was hoping it was Brenden and not me. My jaw was clinched and my neck was flexing with such force, I thought I was going to rip skin. I couldn't do anything with my extremities. I tried to relax, but the seizing was so fierce I could hardly breathe.
That crazy cop just tased me!
The last thing I remember is Colin looking at me and smiling before everything went black
5:50am
"You OK?" The kind voice asked softly.
I blinked my eyes.
"Maeser, you OK?" The kind voice asked again.
I sat up and looked around. I wasn't behind bars anymore.
"Get him some water," the kind voice demanded.
Before I knew it, someone handed me some water. My whole body hurt. "Who are you?" I asked confused. "Where is Brenden?"
"You obviously don't remember us," the voice laughed a little. It was a female voice that was very kind.
"Maeser, these are our friends," Colin's voice hit me like a breath of fresh air. I looked to my right and there he was sitting on the chair next to me."
"What?" I was seriously confused. I tried to get up but my legs wouldn't work. When my eyes came into focus, I recognized the faces who were bending down in front of me.
5:53am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment