Friday, September 16, 2011

Love Letter 1.9


Dear Vanna,

I turned 31 on Wednesday.

I have had 8 birthdays with you in my life, 7 of them as a married couple.

Growing old has one benefit, I get to do it with you.

You asked me the other day what I wanted for my birthday.  I tried to think of something, but I couldn't.  I went to work the next day and saw the above picture hanging on my wall.  The picture is of our family.  The only thing you can't see in that picture is the bump you have on your belly.

Pretty soon there will be 5 faces in that picture.

I sat back in my chair and realized something:

I didn't need anything, because I already had EVERYTHING!  My family is the biggest gift I could ever ask for.  You and our girls melt my heart.  To be the man in your lives is an honor.  I don't take my responsibility lightly.

I love you guys so much!

It all started with two people who were afraid to show their real feelings.....NOW look at us!  I am so glad I have you in my life Vanna.  You are my best decision I have ever made.

I'm excited to spend many more birthdays with you!

Next year when you ask me what I want, I will already know.....a picture of the 4 most important people hanging on my wall!

Until next week, I love you!

Love,


JMA

No comments:

Post a Comment