Friday, November 18, 2011

Room A317 - 1.1



After Savanna had her water broken and was given her epidural, we had to sit and wait.

It was judgment time.

She had to dilate 2 centimeters in the next two hours in order to have this baby vaginally.  

I was nervous, but wasn’t going to say anything.  I could tell Savanna was focusing and didn’t want to interrupt her.

Savanna kept telling me she was tired.

I told her to rest.

Slowly, her eyes became heavy, and she went to sleep.

I sat in a chair in front of her bed and read my book.  

Every once in a while I looked up.

My wife was getting ready to have our baby.

I got emotional.

Savanna was glowing.  The love I felt for her was so strong, I could never do it justice in words.

I could tell we were in for a very special experience.

Taking advantage of Savanna sleeping, I made my way down to the cafeteria to grab a bite to eat.  I figured it would be the only time to eat something before our son arrived.

Before I got in the elevator, I couldn’t help but look out one of the windows.  The sky was blue and the sun was shining through some clouds.


It was breathtaking.

I could feel tears in the corner of my eyes as I thought of our son saying his last good-byes.  I could feel very strongly that this was a difficult moment for him.  He was with so many people who had loved and taught him so many important things.  

He was being prepared for this thing called, “Life”.

I began to cry a little.  

I said a prayer in my heart asking our kind Father to be with Stockton during his journey.  I prayed that he would know and feel of our love for him.  I prayed that he would be strong and confident of his choice to come to our family.

I prayed for a lot of other things too.

A warm tender feeling washed over me.  

I was calm.

It will be a moment I will never forget.

I thanked Father for allowing me to be a father; for allowing me to raise and teach another one of his choice spirits.

I wiped my eyes and turned towards the elevator.

No comments:

Post a Comment