“I need a Pepsi,” Colin said as he made his way down the mountain. His happiness was beginning to wear off.
I stayed close to Brenden as we carefully made our way back down to Provo.
“What time does Mitch and Tori get married again,” he asked me nervously.
“11:00am,” I reply knowing we better find him way before then if we wanted to remain living.
“If we somehow find him and return him before 8:00am, no one will notice, not even Mom,” Brenden stated to no one in particular. He had lost his glasses, and was having a hard time walking.
I stopped for a moment and looked at Brenden and Colin in front of me. They were dressed like Indians. I started to laugh, until I realized I was dressed the same way. Why in the world were we dressed like this, and what happened to our clothes? And why did we have Mitch’s clothes, and not Mitch? Too many unanswered questions. How could a soda pop cause all of this? I was starting to believe we had been drugged.
“Um, guys…” Colin yelled coming to a halt in front of Brenden and I.
I walked up to him and realized what he was looking at. It was a car.
“Whose car is that?” Brenden asked confused.
I walked up to the car and gave it a good look. On the side of the car were written the words:
BYU Film Studio
What? How and the heck did this car end all the way up here? My head was starting to hurt.
“The last thing I remember was getting in your Explorer Brenden,” Colin said with a half-smile. He looked like he had a splitting headache.
“I remember that too,” I agree instantly.
Brenden sits on the ground and puts both hands in his face…his newly tattooed face. He looks up and says, “I remember too, but what happened to my Explorer then?”
Both Colin and I have no idea how to answer. Colin walks up to the BYU car and opens the front door. Sure enough, the car keys are in the ignition.
We all look at each other.
“Guys, we need to remember every little thing we have done and hope we find Mitch before everyone wakes up,” I say trying to recall what happened to us.
“We can start with the car,” Brenden says opening the passenger side door.
“What does the car have to do with anything?” I ask confused. “How do we even know the car belongs to us?”
Brenden reaches in the car and pulls out a BYU duffle bag. He throws it on the ground and opens it. Inside we find our clothes.
“What?” Colin says leaning against the car. “I’m confused”
“There has got to be an explanation,” I say grabbing my pants and shoes.
“Maybe the explanation is on this,” Brenden says holding up a blank DVD case. He hands me the case and I look it over. I open it and a note falls out. The three of us look at it, then each other. We don’t dare move.
“What is it,” Colin asks lifting his head off the car.
I slowly bend down to pick it up. I’m acting like it is going to bite me or something. I finally grab and open it, and read it out loud. The note says:
To the 4 Craziest guys I’ve ever met,
Thanks for helping us tonight! You saved our movie! I will never be able to thank you enough for your work. Please enjoy this DVD with the scenes you shot today. I will be sure to mail you a finished copy once our film is complete.
Thanks a million!
GT – Director
I put the note down and look at Brenden and Colin. They look as confused as I do. Too bad we don’t have a DVD player. I’m worried that our actions on this film may not be worth remembering. We could have been filmed doing anything. My stomach starts to churn, and it feels like I am going to barf.
“I don’t remember filming anything,” Brenden says reaching for the note. "Who the heck is 'GT'?"
“This still doesn’t tell us what happened to Mitch,” I say frustrated.
“Wait a second,” Colin shouts walking over to us. “The note said ‘4 Craziest guys’!”
Brenden and I are confused.
“Come on guys, 4 guys…” he looks at us both. He continues, “That means Mitch was possibly with us!”
It finally hits us both. We look at each other and smile. This is good news.
“We have to watch the DVD,” Colin replies looking at the case. He is smiling again.
What in the world could be on that DVD?
Without thinking, the three of us jump in the BYU car and head to Provo. We have our first lead, and we had no time to lose. I look at the clock in the car:
4:25am

No comments:
Post a Comment